Announcement: Cheeky Monkey is sailing across the Pacific Ocean!
We are looking for crew!
S/V Cheeky Monkey is about to embark on the ultimate sailing adventure from the Caribbean to Panama to the Galapagos to the South Pacific islands and we are seeking the right crew to join us on this adventure!
If you’re a Turf to Surf Newsletter subscriber, you may remember me recently writing that “I’d like to slow down in 2016 and look around more” – well, that outlook lasted a whole month before we decided we’d had enough pause and, instead of spending a year in the Caribbean on Cheeky Monkey, we’re heading towards the South Pacific instead! (By the way, if you haven’t yet subscribed to my monthly newsletter, you can do so here at Turf to Surf’s Subscription Page by entering your email address.)
If you’re interested in crewing for us and want to find out more about us (Tasha & Ryan), the crew we’ve had on board so far, and the kinds of adventures we’re out chasing, catch up on our story by watching our YouTube Channel, Chase the Story: www.youtube.com/chasethestoryaroundtheworld
So, let’s get down to it — are you the next crew member we’re looking for to join the party on Cheeky Monkey?
Have a look at the list of qualities we’re looking for below, and let us know if you’re serious about joining us on this adventure!
- Good sense of humor
- Young at heart
- Good personal hygiene
- Not allergic to or afraid of cats
- YouTube creator / Videography experience
- Creative abilities
- Social Media / PR expertise
- Sailing experience
- Good at fixing things
- Good chef
- Good at water sports (and are willing to teach us some things)
- Please submit the following 2 items by email: (1) Answer the question “Why do you want to be a part of this adventure?” in the form of either a 2-minute personal video (include link to video) or a 300-word personal written statement. And feel free to be creative with your answer and how you choose to answer it either in video or in words. (2) Resume / C.V. – we ask for this because we want to get an idea of your professional experience and/or adventuring experience.
- Application Deadline: March 23rd, 2016
- Email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- How much will it cost? You only need to cover the cost of your flights and any personal necessities you care to purchase in ports. Board, food, booze and adventures covered by us.
- How long will I be crewing for? No adventure of this magnitude can be achieved on a two-week vacation. We are looking for crew who can commit to a crossing or two.
- All crew share equally in the duties on board Cheeky Monkey, including keeping watch, cleaning, cooking, maintaining the boat, repairs, provisioning runs and cocktail making.
- We expect crew to contribute to the creative process on board, using whatever skills they have or are willing to learn – i.e. video-making, posting on social media, photography, website building, etc.
- We expect crew to have fun and enjoy the adventure!
Note from Tasha & Ryan
We look forward to hearing from you and getting to know more of your story! We’ve had great experiences so far with crew on board who embody all the qualities we’ve listed above. So let us know if you’re the missing link in this next great adventure — we’d love to meet you! Or if you know someone who would love to sail with us on Cheeky Monkey, share this opportunity with them!
Tasha & Ryan